Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fiery Passions


The next subject of our output was fire. It was actually too early (I learned much later). After reading that a good subject source is light-source, I thought that fire shots are good. Or so I thought. But some students managed to give me shots of burning things like this one (taken with a Canon Powershot A400 digital camera)


I did not know then that in taking pictures of fire, one needs to know things such as

  • speed of shutter
  • aperture settings (for SLR or DSLR cameras)
  • lens
  • ISO settings (or ASA for old ones)
Luckily, digital cameras and cellphones are automatic enough to adjust without the students having to juggle the menus of the camera settings. This is the only shot that passed my eyes and other faculty who thought that most pictures of fire shots were overexposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment